Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where to start?!


Well since the last time I blogged, we have been to two flea markets, visited with lots of new friends, had even more coffee and cake, and I even fit in a jog through a park one of those days! I think WIFI should come pre-installed in all houses around the world! Internet is something I take for granted and realize that as soon as it is unavailable!  I have noticed several things about Germany since I've been here. Afternoon coffee and cake is an essential! Most Germans speak about as much English as I speak German (which isn't much!) And for the most part everyone is friendly!

 Tuesday we took a street car and headed to the flea market! Lots of fun treasures..I didn't buy much, I left that to Oma and the others! 






Ellen cooked us rouladen, which is meat with stuff wrapped up in it! It probably doesn't look that great, but I think it has been my favorite meal so far! After lunch we strolled through Ellen's garden and then went for a walk around the neighborhood.


Anja invited us over for coffee and cake on Wednesday!  Even though we do not have a car here, we have had no problem getting around! We have either taken a taxi, street car, or gotten a ride from friends! Anja lives just a minuets away, so one of Ellen's neighbors was kind enough to give us a ride!


^this is the reason I had to squeeze in my jog yesterday and tomorrow I'm climbing up and down the stairs a couple of times to work off all this cake :)


We had so much fun! I helped Anja set up her Skype and we Skyped my mom while we were at it! Joy requested that Oma and I pick her up from school that day! When it was time to go she was blocking the door so we couldn't leave!  The next day we headed to flea market #2!


* mom-I don't think they won that 80 sign through a blog and aren't those animal things the same ones Mrs. Bert found?


 For dinner we had hash browns and bratwurst (and if anyone is wondering I'm still not a fan!)


Tomorrow we are headed to Karlheinz's house for a few days! He lives in a refurbished castle in Dortmund, which should make for some very pretty pictures! It might be a few days till you hear from us again, so don't worry we are still having a great time!

P.S.- If you want a postcard from Oma and I, leave me a comment below and then message me your address on Facebook! If not disregard this message :)


3 comments:

  1. You know my address, silly. It's the same as yours.

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers. They look so friendly! & I'm not a fan of that bratwurst either...
    I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete